NOTE: This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for mandatory “On-demand” CLE Credit. Members are only permitted to earn up to 6 credit hours per year from “On-demand” programs.
CLE CREDIT: This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Commission for 6 on demand hours of mandatory CLE credit, including 1 hours of ethics.
TUITION: Registration for the webcast is $175. Seniors may register for $50 and members licensed 2 years or less may register for $75.
NOTE: This program is NOT approved for Texas credit. The Texas Bar will not permit members to submit online programs for Texas credit.
CHECKPOINTS: This program will contain random checkpoints. In order to submit credit for this program, you must confirm your presence at the checkpoints. If you do not meet the checkpoint requirement you may not receive credit for the live program. The checkpoint submission is entirely dependent on your successful completion of the system check.
NOTE: At the end of the program click on the “Credit Submission Tab” to go to your credit profile and begin the credit submission process. Please remember to submit credit on the day of the event.
Essential Business Skills for Lawyers
Jim Calloway, Management Assistance Program Director
Running a successful law practice today is not what it used to be, and the rapidly changing legal community will make tomorrow’s challenges even greater. In this seminar, learn how to stay ahead of the curve by developing a solid business plan and budget and find out the technology that is necessary for you to stay efficient. Want help with developing your client contract and fees or client engagement and marketing? Jim’s got you covered!
* The World Has Changed: Running a Successful Law Firm Today and Tomorrow
* The Law Firm Business Plan & Law Firm Budgeting
* Efficiency Comes From Technology, Automation and Planned Processes
* Financial Literacy for Lawyers – Balance Sheets, Income Statements, KPI and Taxes
* Pricing, Billing, Attorney Fees and Attorney-Client Contracts
* Client Engagement and Marketing – Everything is Different Today
* Protecting Your Clients: Confidentiality and Succession Planning Tools (ethics)
* Cybersecurity and Avoiding Digital Disasters